Root Cause Bearing Damage Analysis
- 3-Day Class
- Background and instructions will be provided for analyzing failed (noisy, heat, vibration, etc.) bearings and their components in order to develop objective and accurate reasoning as to what caused the bearing/components to operate for less time than expected.
The objective of this course is to have the attendees learn how to “read” the various signs of stress, strain and wear on a bearing that has failed prematurely to determine–and eliminate–the root cause of the failure.
- This course is recommended for Service, maintenance, machine repair, or plant/facility engineering staff of an industrial plant, OEM facility, institution, public utility or commercial building which uses rolling bearing and related equipment.
- Managers and technicians at industrial plants and OEM facilities responsible for rolling bearing performance and reliability. Rotating equipment engineers, reliability engineers, millwrights, mechanics, maintenance supervisors.
- Anyone interested in rolling element bearing and rotating equipment performance.
Introduction and Overview
Seminar Fee: $1295
A $100 DISCOUNT will be given for payments at least 60 DAYS prior to the seminar start date.
Seminar Fees include textbook, breaks and lunches.
When registering for a seminar, please do not forget to fill out the SEMINAR REGISTRATION FORM either before or after visiting our ONLINE STORE to make sure we have all the correct information needed to properly fill out all Certificates, as well as the information we need to best tailor the seminar to meet your individual needs based on the instrumentation used at your company.
Back to SEMINARS BY
CLASS TYPE page
- Bearing function - Learn how bearings support loads
- Mounting damage - Examples of improper installation procedures
- Operating environment - Bearing component reaction to moisture, dirt, etc.
- Maintenance - Results of poor maintenance practices
- Lubrication - Effects of marginal and excessive lubrication
- Vibration - How to find problems and correct
- Bearing failures - Examples of causes, identify and interpret
actual bearing failures
- No prior experience in vibration analysis or condition monitoring is required.
- The purpose of this seminar is to introduce the student to these failure analysis techniques.